FLiiiPENDO, RobotWizz, PaulUH and I are excited to announce that, starting this month, we will be bringing back live dueling tournaments! The August Dueling Tournament details can be viewed below. As you can see, the rules and the tournament itself have been changed up a bit in order to make the tournaments far more exciting and entertaining!
The qualifiers for August’s tournament will take place this upcoming weekend on August 11th at 2:00 PM PST. The order in which houses will go are: Griffins, Honeybadgers, Ravens and Serpents. When one house finishes, the next one will start. So keep an eye out ingame for any broadcasts!
The finals will take place the following weekend on August 18th at 2:00 PM PST.
The qualifiers will run just as they used to. All the members of each house who wish to compete will have to battle each other in a free-for-all! The last three surviving will move on to the finals and try to win the tournament for the house! The next three players surviving, places 4, 5, and 6, will be the backups for the three finalists.
This is where the tournament has changed. Instead of the normal round-robin style we changed it into multiple rounds of “Best of 3” dueling. This is explained below:
Each house will go against each other house in a Best of 3 match up.
Each win will gain 1 point for your team and each Best of 3 win will gain an additional 1 point for your team. A Best of 3 is won by winning at least 2 out of the 3 duels.
These points will determine the positions of each team at the end of the tournament. The team with the most points wins!
- 150 House Points each (450 total).
- 1000 gold each.
- A hat from the store.
- Temporary (Dueling Champion) prefix.
- Temporary PvP Crown hat.
- Special Collectible Item.
- 50 House Points each (150 total).
- 250 gold each.
- 20 House Points each (60 total).
- 100 gold each.
- 50 gold each.
- All server rules apply for every tournament.
- No trucing, teaming, cross-teaming, arguing, cheating, ghosting, or hackusations.
- No ultimate spells (Mortufora, Tranquillium, Integumentum) are allowed.
- No use of herbs, potions, brooms, or any non-essential magical item such as Bombastic Bombs. This is strictly spell combat. No transformo spells are allowed, and you cannot wear any armor.
- If a player re-sorts into a different house one day before the qualifiers or a finalist resorts into a different house between the qualifiers and the finals, that person will be disqualified.
- If you’re unable to make the finals, please message an arena master (Paul#7351, CleckShock#9503, RobotWizz#0019, hullo?#8498) on discord, or in-game.
- If you change your in-game name between the qualifiers and the finals, please message an arena master on discord. If we are not aware that you changed your IGN, a backup will duel in your place.
Breaking any of these rules will instantly disqualify you from the tournament.
FLiiiPENDO, RobotWizz, PaulUH and I look forward to seeing you at the August Dueling Tournament! Good luck to you all!